You live right next door to each other and you give a nod hello while you are both mowing, watering and maintaining your lawns. But why does your neighbour’s lawn look so much better than yours?
You may think you are both carrying out the same lawn care, but if you take a closer look, there will be some important reasons why you have different lawns.
A lawn that looks lush green and healthy will be well cared for and will include the following:
- Quality Fertilisation – Fertilising is more science than a guessing game. Placing the exact amount of Fertiliser at the right time for the right type of grass is really important. You will need to apply a regular application of the correct and seasonally balanced quality Fertiliser to maintain the health and appearance of your lawn. It is important to know that your lawn requires different amounts of specific chemical elements throughout the year to thicken up and grow green and healthy.
- Regular Maintenance – A quick mow and water just won’t cut it when it comes to lawn care! Think a little more about preventative care and you will be on your way to getting the lawn you desire. It does require a little work of course. You can achieve a great looking lawn with basic maintenance but if it has a few too many issues to handle then a more advanced approach is needed. It really does depend on the condition your lawn is in. Either way regular maintenance will play a key role in your lawn’s look and health. At Shaw Garden Care we provide our customers with a Standard Treatment Programme and a Premium Treatment Programme. A Standard programme is designed to quickly improve the quality of your lawn and will eradicate any weed growth. There will be 5 Treatments spread throughout the year. These can be tailor made to suit the condition of your lawn and your budget. Our Premium Treatment Programme is an enhanced version of our Standard Programme. It will provide your lawn with essential nutrients ensuring it becomes the quality lawn you dream of. It also includes a soil conditioner which will enhance root development and assists recovery after any periods of stress. You can see more about our Treatment Programmes here.
- Quality Seeding – Lawns can get patchy and thin over time. If your lawn is like this it will be struggling to keep weeds at bay. Your lawn’s grass needs to be deep and dense to fight off weeds. If you think you have applied the wrong seed to your lawn or you just don’t know what type to buy, just contact us to find out what type of seed your lawn needs to get it looking thicker and greener.
- Good Soil pH – If your lawn has too much acid, it can cause damage to your lawn. Acidic soil causes your lawn to struggle to maintain it’s health. At Lawnscience we carry out a Soil test on our first visit to your lawn……a quick glance at a lawn will not provide you with the correct analysis of your soil’s health and pH.
- Weed and Disease Control – Many people will treat weeds after they have already grown or they are trying to treat lawn disease after it has already infected your lawn. Unfortunately this is not an effective way to fight these nuisance issues. We believe that preventative lawn care is the best way to make sure your lawn looks its best. A lot of people find DIY products can be ineffective and costly. If you want quality herbicides applied to your lawn at the right time, it is best to contact a quality lawn care company whose professionals will be qualified in the safe handling of herbicides and may even save you some money in the long term.
If you are doing all of the above, that’s great, you are certainly doing your best for your lawn. But if you are still disappointed and confused as to the way your lawn looks compared to the one over the fence, then it might just be that they are getting …..……
A Little Extra Help
Another reason why your neighbour’s lawn is looking better than yours, is that they are bringing in a little extra help…………nothing wrong with that, we all need help sometimes.
We are all busy people, with our work, families and home and we often need some help to take the strain off ourselves. A quality lawn care company will improve your lawn by regular maintenance, including weed, moss, and thatch removal, pest control and will apply quality effective treatments that will benefit your lawn. The best thing about a reliable lawn care company is that they can visit your lawn when you are not there and carry out regular lawn care for you while you are busy doing other things. This truly makes all the difference to you and your lawn.
If you want any help with your lawn please contact us, we offer a FREE on-site survey of your lawn. We will tell you about any issues your lawn may have and provide a fully costed solution for you to consider.
What have you got to lose? Get your lawn looking lush, green and healthy and you can smile knowing that it will be looking just as good…. or even better than over the fence!